SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

unsupported project type : ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.csproj

Last post 08-11-2009 11:54 AM by DanielGrunwald. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-30-2009 12:06 PM

unsupported project type : ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.csproj

I can't open ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop project from SharpDevelop_4.0.0.4149_Source. VS says: "The project type is not supported by this installation". I have WinXP SP3, VS 2008 Team System SP1, .net 3.5 SP1. Why VS unsupport projects from sharpdevelop source code? Maybe I need download yours specific extentions for VS, or something else. Please help.

• 05-30-2009 1:50 PM In reply to

Re: unsupported project type : ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.csproj

I don't know why that happens. It's a perfectly normal C# project file - MSBuild can compile it on the command line; and it opens in SharpDevelop just fine.

• 05-30-2009 11:38 PM In reply to

Thanks. Project really can compile on the command line (MSBuild). This is not project file problem.

• 08-10-2009 12:49 PM In reply to

I had the same issue.

After some trial and error I have found that the problem is that VS does not allow file names to be "ProjectTypeGuids.cs"

See: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=481981

Really strange :)

The workaround for this is to simply rename the file:

SharpDevelop_3.1.0.4545_Source\src\Main\Base\Project\Src\Project\Solution\ProjectTypeGuids.cs

into Project_TypeGuids.cs

You will also have to rename the file in the ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.csproj file.

So you will only need to rename the file (the defined class name can stay the same).

• 08-11-2009 11:54 AM In reply to

Thanks for finding this!

You need to update that Connect issue, you have a typo in the repro steps ("ProjectTypesGuids" vs "ProjectTypeGuids").

Apparently VS tries to detect the type of the project before using an XML parser. Even just having an XML comment containing "ProjectTypeGuids" will result in that error.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)