SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Loading error, please reinstall

Last post 09-01-2005 6:02 PM by BernhardSpuida. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-30-2005 5:04 PM

Loading error, please reinstall

I installed SharpDevelop 1.1.0.2019 August Beta , and when I try to launch it I get the following error:

Loading error, please reinstall :
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference is not set to an instance of an object.
      at ICSharpCode.ConsolePad.Win32Interop.CreateProcess(String lpApplicationName, String lpCommandLine, IntPtr lpProcessAttributes, IntPtr lpThreadAttributes, Boolean bInheritHandles, Int32 dwCreationFlags, IntPtr lpEnvironment, String lpCurrentDirectory, STARTUPINFO& lpStartupInfo, PROCESS_INFORMATION& lpProcessInformation)
      at ICSharpCode.ConsolePad.ConsoleControl.startShellProcess()
      at ICSharpCode.ConsolePad.ConsoleControl..ctor()
      at ICSharpCode.ConsolePad.ConsolePad..ctor()

I've tried reinstalling it, but it didn't help.

Thanks in advance,
    Daniel Serodio

• 08-30-2005 7:15 PM In reply to

Re: Loading error, please reinstall

The Console add-in uses the ComSpec environment variable.  Looking at the code it seems that you do not have this set.

Open up Control Panel | System | Advanced | Environment Variables and add a new variable called ComSpec with the value "%SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe" without the quotes.  I'm assuming that you're using Windows XP or 2000.

If this does not fix the problem you can disable the console add-in by renaming the file ConsoleAddin.addin to ConsoleAddin.bak.  You can find this file in the AddIns/AddIns/Misc/Console/  folder.
  • 09-01-2005 3:52 PM In reply to

Thanks much that did the trick for me. As a side note I only receive this error on my 98 system and not my XP computer.

Ken

• 09-01-2005 6:02 PM In reply to

This is due to the fact that the implementation of .NET on Win98/ME is not complete - some featrues just can't work because of limitations of the OS underneath. So your only hope is that you disable the console addin and are happy without it.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)