SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

2nd request... attempting to use #Develop for existing c# code enhancement

Last post 06-19-2017 8:01 PM by sbridewell. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-12-2017 4:54 PM

2nd request... attempting to use #Develop for existing c# code enhancement

folks, this is potentially a win on enhancing working code... if someone would tell me it's possible to do what i ask - i could get underway - or, at least move on --

-- thanks

hello, i have an application written in c# [by a collegue] using MS visualStudio [i don't have MS visualStudio yet...] i need these references [dll's ?] in order to build the application:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

using System.Web.Security;
    using System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates;
    using System.Web.UI;
    using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
    using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;
    using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

using ComponentSpace.SAML2;
    using ComponentSpace.SAML2.Assertions;
    using ComponentSpace.SAML2.Protocols;
    using ComponentSpace.SAML2.Bindings;
    using ComponentSpace.SAML2.Profiles.SSOBrowser;
    using System.Security.Cryptography.Xml;
    using System.Security.Cryptography;

using System.Text;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

is it possible to "import" them into #Develop 5.1 ?

thanks for listening -

- David

Filed under:
  • 06-19-2017 8:01 PM In reply to

Re: 2nd request... attempting to use #Develop for existing c# code enhancement

Assuming you have the solution and project and source files used by your colleague to write this application, you should be able to open the solution in SharpDevelop. It uses the same solution and project file structure as Visual Studio, and I've found it can usually open and build Visual Studio solutions without too much trouble.

Where you may run into trouble is with the ComponentSpace.* namespaces. If these refer to a 3rd party library then you need the DLL files from that library. Your colleague's project files should already contain references to these DLLs, but you need to have those DLLs on your build machine in the location that your colleague's project references are pointing to. If you've got that then SharpDevelop should be able to build the application just fine. If you don't have those DLLs then neither SharpDevelop nor Visual Studio (or anything else for that matter) will be able to build it.

I hope this helps, or if I've completely misunderstood the question, please tell us a bit more a bit more about exactly which parts of the application and its source you have and don't have.

Simon

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)