SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

"The tools version 14.0 is unrecognized. Available tools versions are 2.0, 3.5, 4.0"

Last post 05-29-2017 7:56 AM by Max Rodkin. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-22-2017 1:54 PM

"The tools version 14.0 is unrecognized. Available tools versions are 2.0, 3.5, 4.0"

Hi all!

i wrote wpf application with MS Visual Studio using c# and WPF framework.

Try load in SD - got error  "There are no project options panels installed for this project type",

Please help

Filed under:
  • 05-27-2017 6:04 PM In reply to

Re: "The tools version 14.0 is unrecognized. Available tools versions are 2.0, 3.5, 4.0"

I'm guessing the project was created using VS 2015? It sounds like it's expecting to be built using MSBuild 14.0, but SharpDevelop currently only recognises MSBuild versions up to 12.0, which caused me a problem when trying to open Xamarin.Forms projects, where the Windows projects expect MSBuild 14.0. I wrote a bit about it here, you could try the workarounds I found (either add a pre-build command to the project, calling the batch file which sets environment variables to point to MSBuild 14.0, or download the SharpDevelop source code and add a bit so that it recognises when MSBuild 14 is installed).

You will of course need to install MSBuild 14.0 (VS build tools 2015) if VS 2015 isn't already installed.

Those workarounds haven't been reviewed by the SharpDevelop developers and come without any warranties, but they worked for me.

Let us know how you get on.

Simon

Filed under:
  • 05-29-2017 7:56 AM In reply to

Re: "The tools version 14.0 is unrecognized. Available tools versions are 2.0, 3.5, 4.0"

Simon, thank you for cooperation!

Your design sound`s a little bit complicated, if i will achive succes, i`ll inform you.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)