SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Getting started with a simple CS file

Last post 04-11-2017 5:21 PM by LofaDay. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-11-2017 5:21 PM

• LofaDay
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-11-2017
    • London
    • Posts 1

Getting started with a simple CS file

Hi all, Newby to this -- Installed OK, CS files​ associated with it OK, CS file loads OK, Same CS file compiles with dot net's CSC.exe fine (Net 4). SharpDevelop doesn't want to know. Almost all Build / Debug greyed out. After much consulting the oracle Google, not a sausage. Debug / "Attach to process" seemed a good place to start.  Nope, that just made mscorsvw.exe vanish from list. Came back after about 3 restarts. Finally, I find a feature that is not greyed out - an icon called "Builds all projects in the current solution"-- and that finally says "Compiling single files is not supported. Please create a project". So I go to File / New and Project is GREYED OUT. I can create a new CS file, which does NOTHING. So I choose New Solution. Then I get folders, I get files, I get lost, I give up.

Anyone telling me I should know how to use C#  before I come here is missding the point. I was fine with C# and Notepad++ and I wanted something a tiny bit better, buit I do not want to download MS.Net (I downloaded there Community edition, and on a 64 bit PC, it took 3 hours, then updated itself for anotgher 3 hours, then .. well, let's just remind ourselves I came here for something simpler and lighter, but something more t6han a text editor. 

So basically may I ask could we simplify this for newbies? Could you please help with a simple simple simple getting started guide? Please see tags for simplified questions. I hope this query helps others. 
    Ps: Tried to sign in with a *.eu email address, email came 30 mins later. Tried googlemail.com, it took about 15 mins. Ended up ignoring first. That's not good is it. :-) .. Idea: Tell folks to expect to wait 30 mins?
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)