SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

References on the Add-in Architecture

Last post 08-28-2005 7:59 PM by HighFish. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-24-2005 2:19 PM

References on the Add-in Architecture

I just want to know where did you learn about the add-in/plug-in architecture? I know you based it from Eclipse but are there any books/references (besides "Inside SharpDevelop") that teaches you on how to implement such an architecture (which I think is pretty cool by the way!)?
  • 08-24-2005 2:32 PM In reply to

Re: References on the Add-in Architecture

I didn't write the SD add-in architecture but I can tell you how I learned to use it in my own project:
    I looked at the code of ICSharpCode.Core and read the book "Inside SharpDevelop".

SharpDevelop 2.0 has additional help files in the "doc/technotes" directory that give an overview of the new addin architecture (SD 2.0 uses lazy-loading for addins)
  • 08-25-2005 11:55 AM In reply to

Thanks Daniel.

I'm looking for other books that explain how to implement an add-in/plug-in architecture, if any?

• 08-27-2005 2:20 PM In reply to

For some time Iam working on a Plugin-Architecture Framework (Add-In-Architecture Framework) as a fundament for my applications. The SharpDevelop Technote about SODA was a great inspiration but i found the Notes on the Eclipse Plug-in Architecture to be clearer written, have more content and to be more consistent with the current code. With the little help of JavaDoc you can also look up how details of the Architecture are implemented in the API Specification.
    The next days I'll take a look at the new Add-In Architecture of SharpDevelop 2.0 and maybe I'll write a little technote about them. If somebody else is interested in Plugin-Architecture I would really like to share my thoughts and information!
  • 08-28-2005 3:36 AM In reply to

Cool!

I'm really interested in plugin architecture and would like to know your thoughts and information.

• 08-28-2005 7:59 PM In reply to

Nice that I found somebody else interested in that topic. Write me an email (moritz.winter 'at' carrisma.net) or send me an ICQ-Message (129415741), I'll answer as soon as I can.

MfG,

M.W.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)