SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

ILSpy setup

Last post 04-29-2015 12:39 PM by LonelyPixel2. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-28-2015 9:43 PM

ILSpy setup

Hello,

I noticed there isn't a setup package for ILSpy on Windows and hasn't been for at least a long time. Are there any plans to create one? Or is this explicitly not desired? I could help out with an InnoSetup-based setup if you like.

• 04-29-2015 9:51 AM In reply to

Re: ILSpy setup

Explicitly not desired. This tool is xcopy-deployable, thus perfect for having on a memory stick / cloud storage.

Chris

• 04-29-2015 11:44 AM In reply to

Okay. I thought it's a lot easier to just let some program do the work of copying the files and creating the shortcuts. You can always do it by hand but it's more work and even I am sometimes reluctant to install an upgrade because I need to download the archive, unpack it, go the installation directory and replace the files there. Just double-click and accept is much quicker.

• 04-29-2015 12:08 PM In reply to

We got zip, vsix and chocolatey install options.

Chris

• 04-29-2015 12:39 PM In reply to

vsix is Visual-Studio-only, but certainly fine for that. Found it yesterday. A little more integration would be nice (think of F12 / go to definition), but that's a different topic.

chocolatey is not very widespread or even known among most developers. (Only from looking around in my company or friends. There's not even a lot of NuGet going on here.)

zip is what I've described.

But anyway, I was just asking.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)