SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Source code modification for interrupt endpoint handling

Last post 12-27-2010 12:13 AM by Itech. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-26-2010 11:07 AM

• Itech
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-26-2010
    • Posts 2

Source code modification for interrupt endpoint handling

Hello,

I like the Big-Button from the XBOX 360 because it has a very nice design and very cheap (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Big_button_remotes.JPG),  unfortunately I found the XBOX 360 games like "Scene-It" a bit disapointing, therefore I have deviced to create my own "familly" game using the Big-Button on my PC. (The game is based on recent songs that you have to recognize, find the missing word,...).

This Big-Button USB device, does not use the HID class as we would expect but it uses a vendor specific class (it uses an interrupt endpoint like the HID class, but the USB descriptor declare a propriatary USB class). This is not possible to use the standard MS USB class. Therefore a vendor specific class must be impelmented in a driver. I'm not a MS driver expert, so I have decided to use the famous LibUsb for win32 (http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/libusb-win32/wiki) which I found very handy.

Actually I developped in C++ a small test application based on LibUsb to monitor the Big-Button activity: it works fine (the Big-Button keys are properly reported to the test application on my XP platform).

Now, it is time to port this test application on C# (because more easy for me to handle the video, audio, U.I, ...). I found the SharpUSBLib very interesting because it should save me some non-negligeable development time (I don't have to build an interface between C# and non-managed C code.)

Unfortunately I found some missing C# interfaces (like the "usb_claim_interface" which is mandatory to get the interrupt endpoint working). I found also an incomplete interface (unless I miss understood the code): the returned value from the function call "usb_interrupt_read" is lost, but this is critical to handle properly this interrupt read.

The SharpUsbLib would require some modifications (kind of bug fixe).

I read in this forum that #USBlib is no longer maintained, so I wonder if it wouldn't be nice to make a new build including some changes. I do not want to "carry the torch" because I don't have enough time for it, but I would be pleased to participate to the next build.

Guys (Authors and Developpers), what is your point about making a minor change in the SharpUsbLib, how to proceed ? Iis it worth while ?

BR, Philippe.

Filed under:
  • 12-27-2010 12:13 AM In reply to

• Itech
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-26-2010
    • Posts 2

Re: Source code modification for interrupt endpoint handling

I found that Mark Czelnik wrote an update of SharpUsbLib which seems to have many fixes like InterruptRead(), SetConfiguration(), ClaimInterface().

This can be found at http://tommyfive.untied.de/usblib/

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)