SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Core references in Coresavy

Last post 08-29-2005 7:17 PM by DanielGrunwald. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-29-2005 7:07 PM

Core references in Coresavy

Here's another question for Corsavy AddIn developers...

How do we reference core SharpDevelop assemblies in our AddIn solution?  Is there a way to add references relative to a configurable "home" directory for SharpDevelop/bin? 

For example, i am porting an AddIn from Fidalgo to Corsavy and need to reference ICSharpCode.Core in my AddIn solution. I chose "Add Reference" and used the .NET Assembly Browser to navigate to the Corsavy\SharpDevelop\bin directory and selected my file.  That worked fine for compiling (although i still havn't gotten my AddIn up and running, more on that later).

When i zipped up my files and unzipped them on another machine, however, Corsavy is installed in a different drive/directory and the references in my solution broke.  I can go and reset them manually, but this may be a cumbersome process to explain to less savy users who want to build/install my AddIn on their own machines.

Is it possible to configure a "SharpDevelopBin" property in the project MSBuild files, and then teach SharpDevelop to  interpret/resolve references relative to that property?  Or reset/reinterpret the SharpDevelopBin property at run-time, based on the currently executing SharpDevelop.exe executable?

I could move this AddIn into my local copy of the Corsavy source tree and use relative references, but does that require other users who install my AddIn to have the source files for Corsavy before they can compile/install my AddIn?

David.

• 08-29-2005 7:17 PM In reply to

Re: Core references in Coresavy

There is a SharpDevelopBin property (or it is called SharpDevelopBuildBin, I'm not sure); I had to add it for MsBuild+ILAsm support.
    But if you are going to use that, you won't have code completion for the core types since SharpDevelop does not support resolving MsBuild properties.

However, this problems does only affect those who try to compile your addin from source; if you install the binaries they work even if SharpDevelop is in a totally different directory (.NET never stores path information for references, but can always find ICSharpCode.Core.dll and ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.dll since they are already loaded when your addin is being loaded).
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)