SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

troubles using SVN

Last post 11-23-2007 5:57 PM by ChristophWille. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-01-2007 9:36 PM

• itaibh
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-01-2006
    • Israel
    • Posts 104

troubles using SVN

I'm having troubles using subversion lately. I can't update nor check out my local  repository of SharpDevelop, neither from the developers server (trunk) nor the anonymous snapshot as written in the wiki.

The problem must be somewhere on my system, either router config., bad ISP, or some bad configuration on my computer. I guess so since I do see updates on the build server website.

Can anyone help please me with this?  I'm becomming desparate ;)

Itai. 

• 11-02-2007 8:05 AM In reply to

Re: troubles using SVN

Most likely, the ports for the svn:// protocol aren't open on your router (the ports are 3690 TCP/UDP as documented here).

Chris 

• 11-23-2007 5:50 PM In reply to

• itaibh
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-01-2006
    • Israel
    • Posts 104

Hi Chris.

I've opened the ports, and even tried completely replacing my router, and no help.

I can connect to other subversion accounts (such as my svn account on sourceforge), but when I try to connect to the sharpdevelop subversion, (even to the mirror one) this is what I get:

svn: Can't connect to host 'svnmirror.sharpdevelop.net': A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Is it yet possible that the problem is in the server side? such as ip blocking or something?

Itai.

• 11-23-2007 5:57 PM In reply to

We don't do blocking on IP ranges (otherwise you wouldn't be able to access this Web site either). Subversion is set up plain-vanilla, no special configuration whatsoever.

The error message definitely sounds like a port blocking happening somewhere along the route, but it sure is not us. Otherwise nobody would be able to access Subversion (and obviously Daniel, Peter and others can).

Chris 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)