SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Error loading code-completion information for VBIDE from ?:

Last post 08-08-2017 9:21 PM by myoung. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-01-2007 2:14 PM

This is an odd one and so far I haven't found a cause.  I copied a complete project from my Visual Studio 2005 directory structure to a separate directory structure while I check out Sharp (in case Sharp did anything "weird" so it wouldn't affect my Visual Studio project, as it IS a mission critical project and application, in use by about 20,000 employees at Embarq local).  When Sharp loads and I click on the project name, everything loads up and I can work in the IDE just fine, compile and debug the solution, etc.  BUT, I get this error when the project first loads up:

------------------------

Could not find assembly file.

-------------------------

Of course, code completion is notably absent as I work on my project in the IDE (explained by the above message).  Anyone know why this message occurs and how to address it?  Is it possible that this is being caused by late assembly binding?

Thanks!

John

Embarq Corporation

• 06-02-2007 11:26 AM In reply to

Re: Error loading code-completion information for VBIDE from ?:

Are there maybe project references in this project (which are no longer valid because you only copied this one project)?

Chris 

• 06-02-2007 1:56 PM In reply to

Looking at the error message, it looks like some project has a GAC reference on VBIDE, but VBIDE cannot be found in the GAC.
  • 07-20-2017 3:42 PM In reply to

• jjob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-20-2017
    • Posts 1

Did you ever find an answer for this.   I brought over an entire vb.net project from VS to test conversion to C# and received this and it will not show any of the forms.

• 07-21-2017 9:05 PM In reply to

This is the first time I've seen this thread. Are you getting the exact same message, referring to the same VBIDE assmebly? (I'm afraid I don't know what that assembly is, I'm guessing it's some kind of third party assembly). Or does it refer to a different assembly? Do any of your projects have references to the assembly named in the error message? If so, how do they look in the solution explorer (expand the references node within the project and see if any have a warning icon)?

Simon

• 08-08-2017 9:21 PM In reply to

• myoung
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-08-2017
    • Posts 1

I downloaded SharpDevelop 4.4.2 for the purposes of converting a vb.net project to a C# project and I got this error when I tried to do the conversion. I got past it by running SharpDevelop as an Adminstrator.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)