SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

#D3 Development

Last post 04-10-2008 5:19 PM by fcorreia. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-05-2007 5:47 AM

#D3 Development

Hi there, just curious about #D3.  I know it's pre-alpha, but is there any chance of getting status info on it?  I did ask about a month ago but could raise no response.

I have re-written much of the text selection functionality for #D 2.1, and #D3 (see contributor mailing list) but I still have no designer tools in #D3 to be able to be testing much functionality.  Specifically, when designing a form, there are no tools available, like buttons, labels etc., the tools list remains exactly as it is in code mode.  Once again, I know it's pre-alpha, but I think it's the role of contributors to be testing and working on pre-release stuff.  Contributors seem to be separated from the development communication by a large margin.

• 04-05-2007 9:07 AM In reply to

Re: #D3 Development

http://wiki.sharpdevelop.net/default.aspx/SharpDevelop.SharpDevelop3xRoadmap

That's the official roadmap. Dickon is working on the data tools, Itai on the class designer, Russell on workflow. Daniel (on and off, mostly off till end of May) will be working on WPF designer, C# 3.0 support, refactoring. David depending on time for the debugger. Problem is that for all our student contributors, spring is a bad time with regards to free time.

There are a couple things up for grabs: Sandcastle support, integrated PS, etc. However, preferred is to help on the above mentioned features, and to point one out: class designer. Itai did ask on his blog for help.

I hope that helps to explain why there are no dates in the roadmap. We will be publishing dates once we get closer to feature-complete.

Chris 

• 02-12-2008 4:57 PM In reply to

Hello everyone! Sory to be asking, but is there an idea (even a rough one) when is the first official release of #D3 to be expected?

thanks,

Filipe

Filed under: , ,
  • 02-12-2008 7:18 PM In reply to

Beta 1 is planned for Monday 18th of February.

Chris 

• 02-12-2008 7:32 PM In reply to

This is great news! thanks

Which parts of the roadmap does it cover? (I'm crossing my fingers for the watch pad :)

Cheers,
    Filipe

• 02-12-2008 7:52 PM In reply to

• DavidSrbecky
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-22-2005
    • Usti nad Labem, Czech Republic
    • Posts 533
    • Team Members

No watch pad so far, but I am really close to doing that.  Basically, compared with 2.2, the debugger is almost completely rewritten - I just want to make sure that it works as it should and then I will start adding features.  Watch pad is on the top of my list.

• 02-12-2008 9:18 PM In reply to

Ok. I'll be keeping an eye out for it :)

• 04-10-2008 5:19 PM In reply to

Hi David,

Any progress on the watch pad front?

--Filipe 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)