SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

How to create a .dll

Last post 09-18-2006 3:57 PM by nalaregeork. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-17-2006 8:57 PM

How to create a .dll

I am new to C# and also new to SharpDevelop and I am trying to learn both. I don't know if this exact question has been asked anywhere else. But what I am trying to do is have a certain .cs file compile into a .dll and have another one in the same project to compile into a .exe that can use the .dll file that was just compiled. Can anyone help me with this?
  • 09-17-2006 9:43 PM In reply to

Re: How to create a .dll

You can have two projects contained within a single solution one as an executable and one as a dll (library/asssmbly) that can be used by the exe (windows form, console app) project. You can add a reference to the library via the add reference feature there will be a projects option in that window.
  • 09-17-2006 10:17 PM In reply to

Thanks for the help it works now. But is there a way to have SharpDevelop compile them both and like put them in the same folder for when your going to distribute to someone else?
  • 09-17-2006 10:55 PM In reply to

Sure change the ouput directory in the project propeties window there is a tab named Compiling. Try to keep your solutions and projects in the same directory tree for simplicity sake and then create an ouput directory for the solution. Remember there is a Debug and Release directory for Bin. Well I am sure you have enough to work out the details for yourself.

Later 

• 09-17-2006 11:00 PM In reply to

Hopefully I won't need to take to long to C# since I know how to do Java programming easily along with some basics of C++. But thank you so much for helping me.
  • 09-18-2006 3:57 PM In reply to

Kura_Kai:
    Hopefully I won't need to take to long to C# since I know how to do Java programming easily along with some basics of C++. But thank you so much for helping me.

If you know Java you won't need more then a few days to get acclimated to the syntax of C# but learning the basic assemblies might take you a little longer. It really depends on what you want to do browse around and think about any bean objects you might have had to learn and figure it would take just about the same amount of time. What more can I say relax.. enjoy

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)