SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Sharp5.1 dont let me change porpery on form and controls

Last post 12-08-2017 8:25 PM by sbridewell. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-23-2017 6:49 AM

Sharp5.1 dont let me change porpery on form and controls

I install sharpdev 5.1 i can do almost all except change property on forms and controls in form some idea what goin on ?

thanks

• 11-25-2017 8:06 PM In reply to

Re: Sharp5.1 dont let me change porpery on form and controls

More detail please...

Is the properties window not visible at all? Or is it disabled somehow?

Is it just forms and controls that you can't change the properties of? If you select a file in the solution explorer, it'll have properties, some of which you should be able to edit, such as Build action and Copy to output directory - can you edit those?

Simon

• 11-26-2017 10:32 PM In reply to

Thanks here a screen where you can see i have a datagridview in my form but not let me to change any propery for example click on modifiers to change a public but dont show the option to select public, private in form is the same and all controls i don't can change any porperty.

I hope this give more idea whats happend.

• 11-30-2017 9:45 PM In reply to

Apologies for the slow response, I've been a bit busy with my day job :-(

So you're working on a Windows Forms project, and you can see the properties pad, but you can't change the values of any of the properties? Am I understanding you correctly?

Did you attempt to post a screenshot? Because if you did then it didn't make it into your post. You might want to publish it elsewhere on the www and include a link to it in a post here.

Simon

• 12-01-2017 3:24 AM In reply to

Thanks for your time sorry in the las post untill i send i see is not possible to post image or attach files here is the link of image.

https://files.fm/u/aarbppgd

hope can help me....

• 12-02-2017 12:46 PM In reply to

OK, I'm able to change that property in my forms and controls, and the change is applied to the .Designer.cs file too. What happens when you try to change it? Do you get a drop-down list of other modifiers when you click on it or not? If you get a drop-down list, does the property change in the properties pad or not? Or is it changing in the properties pad but not in the .Designer.cs file?

Have you tried creating a new solution with a new Windows Forms project to see if the same thing happens there? This will tell us whether there's something about either your project or your control/form which is preventing this from working.

Simon

• 12-05-2017 5:14 PM In reply to

Thanks for your  i know you are  very busy well dont display any dropdown list in properties exaample if wanna change the for ismidicontainer and click there dont show nothing mus be show false and true in dropdown list but show arrow down wich indicate select one of list but the listis not there. look some open and close at same time and dont let me select.

is a new project new form.......

• 12-05-2017 9:19 PM In reply to

OK, so it's not your project causing this behaviour, it must be something about your SharpDevelop installation or some aspect of your machine's configuration. So when you try to open the drop-down list, it opens but then closes again immediately before you have a chance to select anything from the list?

If that's what you're saying then I've never seen that behaviour before, but it certainly sounds wrong.

Simon

• 12-06-2017 3:14 PM In reply to

Thanks Simon but what i can do, I uninstalled and reinstall sharpdevelop , how i can make clean install of sharpdevelop.

• 12-08-2017 8:25 PM In reply to

As far as I know, SharpDevelop uninstalls cleanly and doesn't leave anything hanging around, the only exception being if you've created any files or folders within its install folder, in which case the install folder and any files or folders you've created there are left behind, but the rest of the application is removed. You could try checking to see if the install folder is left behind after uninstalling and then deleting it if it is, but I'm not sure that'll make any difference.

Have you tried installing version 4.4 or 5.2 to see if they behave the same way? I know 5.2 says it's a beta version but I haven't had any trouble with it.

Alternatively you could try downloading the source code of SharpDevelop. If you do a debug build then when you run it, a console window also opens which displays a lot of information about what it's doing, which may shed some light on what's happening.

Simon

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)