SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

IronPython support in latest SharpDevelop tool

Last post 05-12-2017 11:37 AM by georgesp. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-22-2016 10:07 AM

• VivekP
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-27-2016
    • Posts 2

IronPython support in latest SharpDevelop tool

Hi,

Do latest version of SharpDevelop tool have support for IronPython ? If yes does it support for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions ?

Presently i am using SharpDevelop 4.4 version and which supports only 32 - bit version of IronPython internally. I want to configure it for IronPython 64 - bit version that is my project's requirement. I tried replacing the path in Tools -> Options -> Tools -> Python with 64 bit ironpython but no luck. Can you please guide me how to configure 64 - bit version in SharpDevelop 4.4

Thanks,

Vivek

• 11-26-2016 12:19 PM In reply to

Re: IronPython support in latest SharpDevelop tool

SharpDevelop 5 does not have support for IronPython.

SharpDevelop is a 32 bit application and does not support debugging 64 bit applications. However you do not say what exactly the problem is with using 64 bit IronPython.

• 11-28-2016 8:34 AM In reply to

• VivekP
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-27-2016
    • Posts 2

Thanks for the reply

My problem is solved now. I was configuring Omnipage OCR tool using ironpython. Previously i was using 64 bit version SDK of Omnipage OCR tool, now i donwloaded 32-bit version and which is working fine with IronPython. Previously i was forcefully changing the ipy.exe to ipy64.exe in sharpdevelop tool path with knowing that it tool have support only for 32 bit.

• 05-12-2017 11:37 AM In reply to

Hi MattWard.
    I understand this may be an old topic, but why doesn't SharpDevelop 5 support the IronPython anymore?
    I know a plenty of peolpe who have been using SharpDevelop specifically for designing WinForm or WPF forms in IronPython.

edit:

I found the anwer in the release topic of the SharpDevelop 5.0 version:

http://community.sharpdevelop.net/blogs/christophwille/archive/2014/10/28/sharpdevelop-5-0-final.aspx

Apologies for the disturbance, and thank you once again for all the great work work you guys did!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)