SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Corruption of Designer.cs

Last post 10-25-2016 12:00 AM by ConsRepTech. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-03-2016 4:56 PM

Corruption of Designer.cs

Hello,

Using SharpDev 5.1 for C# with windows components.

Afte rmoving, adding, renaming  or creating any controls at all the designer.cs becomes corrupted, essentially either removing Initialize() from the start of the file, re-adding the component definitions or adding a trucated re-starting of the designer at the end of the file.

If then generates errors accordingly (no def for Init, duplicate defs or EOF expected/not expected).

How do I remove adn recreate the designer without loosing all of my layout, events and so on, or otherwise correct this [mis]behavior?

• 10-04-2016 10:20 PM In reply to

Re: Corruption of Designer.cs

Sounds like a bug. Can you provide a step by step guide on how to reproduce this?

• 10-25-2016 12:00 AM In reply to

Re: Corruption of Designer.cs

Sorry for the late post. I've been coding my tail off trying to learn to program.

Appears to be:

Any time a text control containing element(listboxes and textboxes seem to trigger it the most) is renamed or copied, it removes this bit here

private void InitializeComponent()   

and adds random bits of these at the end

this.groupBox2.ResumeLayout(false);
                this.groupBox2.PerformLayout();
                this.groupBox3.ResumeLayout(false);
                this.groupBox3.PerformLayout();
                ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.PreviewBuffer)).EndInit();
                ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.CompleteImg)).EndInit();
                ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.WorkingImg)).EndInit();
                this.panel1.ResumeLayout(false);
                this.panel1.PerformLayout();
                ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.pictureBox2)).EndInit();
                ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.ErrorBox)).EndInit();
                ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.PreviewScaleBar)).EndInit();
                ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.resSlider)).EndInit();
                this.ResumeLayout(false);
                this.PerformLayout();

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)