SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Adding Labels to c# Windows Form causes corruption to form1.designer.cs

Last post 01-25-2018 6:24 PM by BarryB. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-28-2016 3:33 PM

Adding Labels to c# Windows Form causes corruption to form1.designer.cs

I am relatively new to c# and to SharpDevelop. I am creating a small application witha main form that is quite complicated with 8 tab controls each with a dataview grid, 16 text boxes, 3 combo boxes, 9 buttons and labels. When I try to add some new labels to the buttons the file form1.designer.cs gets corrupted and I have to manually remove the new labels and put bacl some code that has been removed.

I have done this twice so I assume that I am possibly hitting a limit in the software or a bug.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I am using version 5.1.0 build 5134

Thanks

• 01-28-2016 11:10 PM In reply to

Re: Adding Labels to c# Windows Form causes corruption to form1.designer.cs

Could be a bug. What exactly does "corrupted" mean?

• 01-25-2018 6:24 PM In reply to

• BarryB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-25-2018
    • Posts 1

Re: Adding Labels to c# Windows Form causes corruption to form1.designer.cs

I am experiencing a very similar issue. I have a form with a tab control with 3 tabs, a datagridview, and a little more than 200 controls (textboxes, labels, checkboxes, labels, datetimepickers, numericupdowncontrols, etc...). Several times now the file has become corrupted and I will lose the declarations for 15 - 20 of the controls and end up with something like this:

this.ResumeLayout(false);

}rivate System.Windows.Forms.DateTimePicker dtpStripStart;

Instead of this:

this.ResumeLayout(false);

}

private System.Windows.Forms.DateTimePicker dtpStripStart;

I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason, but it's like walking on eggshellswondering when the next time it is going to get corrupted. This is the first time working with TableLayoutPanels and I did have some strange behavior with them. I have never had an issue before, but I have not developed anything this complex with SharpDevelop either. My designer.cs file is over 3300 lines, has anyone else had issues with forms containing lots of controls like this?

Version 5.1.0 Build 5126

Thanks in advance for any help!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)