SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Could not load the SharpZip lib dll Error message

Last post 02-13-2012 7:17 AM by lucki. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-31-2012 5:17 AM

• lucki
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-30-2012
    • Posts 7

Could not load the SharpZip lib dll Error message

Hi

I downloaded the sharpZip lib dll for .Net framework 2.0 and i am using it in a SSIS package Script task to unzip files. I have added the reference to the C# project and have used the using and refered the dll in C# coding.

But when i try to run it i get an error saying that it could not load the dll. I tried to copy it to the GAC but then it says it is not strongly typed.

How can i fix this error? Or do u have a example of a SSIS packge that unzips files? I am unable to use Process task bcoz of the requirement.

Please let me know how i can get through this.

Thanks

Lucki

• 01-31-2012 5:49 AM In reply to

Re: Could not load the SharpZip lib dll Error message

Hi Lucki,

I asked the guys at work here about this, using a DLL in an SSIS package, and one said that he had done this with DLLs that we wrote here. He did not believe he had to strongly type it (not something we've ever done).

So it is possible, but no one here remembers having the issue you are seeing.

You may have more luck in a SQL Server forum dedicated to SSIS issues, where this sort of thing is more likely to come up.

I'm assuming you ticked the Copy Local flag when you added the reference?

Regards
    David

• 01-31-2012 6:43 AM In reply to

• lucki
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-30-2012
    • Posts 7

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. What did you mean by ticking the copy local flag when adding reference? I didnt get you on that?

Sure i will post this in a SQL server forum and see.

One more question, Can i unzip a .tgz file with this dll? without unzipping it twice?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Lucki

• 01-31-2012 6:55 AM In reply to

Hi,

With references in Visual Studio there's a Copy Local flag. Under Properties of the reference. Maybe SSIS does not have that - I've never built an SSIS package myself.

Sure, see the Tar and GZip sample code.There's examples of joining the Tar and GZip streams up so they work together.

Good luck with the SSIS thing. If you do find a solution and let us know here , I'll definitely add it to my knowledgebase.

Cheers
    David

• 01-31-2012 7:04 AM In reply to

• lucki
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-30-2012
    • Posts 7

Hi

SSIS Script task also has the same option David, and the property has been set to true by default. So no luck there. what i found out was in the properties the dll is not strongly typed.

Will check on this on a SSIS forum. Will surely let you know if i come across a solution.

Thanks

Lucki

• 01-31-2012 7:17 AM In reply to

Hi,

Something else that might be worth trying, is to build the DLL yourself.  I cannot think why it would make a difference, but that's no reason not to try it :-)

Cheers,
    David

• 01-31-2012 7:21 AM In reply to

• lucki
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-30-2012
    • Posts 7

Hi,

Where can i find the .Net Version 2 source code as a solution? I need the C# version.

Thanks

Lucki

• 02-01-2012 5:59 AM In reply to

Hi,

Same place as the DLL. http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SharpZipLib/Download.aspx

Then inside the zip, you want the SrcSamples/src folder. Inside that is ICSharpCode.SharpZLib.sln which will compile on its own, or you can add the ICSharpCode.SharpZLib.csproj to your existing solution.

Hope that helps,
    Dave

• 02-13-2012 6:12 AM In reply to

• lucki
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-30-2012
    • Posts 7

Hi Dave,

I managed to fix the problem with the dll. I have use the wrong dll (2.0 cf) for the reference. When i downloaded 2.0 it was strongly typed. I could then use it. Silly me :) Thanks for the help Dave

One more question Dave whats the lowest dll version  other than 0.86.0.518?

Do you have a dll for Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} 0.83.01.0? If so please give me the location to download it.

Thanks

Lucki

• 02-13-2012 7:02 AM In reply to

Thanks Lucki for the update. So the 2.0 (non-CF) is strongly typed. You learn something every day. Maybe Daniel could explain how that works exactly for all our benefit. I'm sure he understands it :-)

0.86.0.518 is the latest version, and there should be a new one out soon, just as soon as I can scrape together some time.

You may find old versions on SourceForge. Try here...  http://sourceforge.net/projects/sharpdevelop/files/
    Can't imagine why you would such an old version.

Good luck!

Regards

Dave

• 02-13-2012 7:13 AM In reply to

• lucki
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-30-2012
    • Posts 7

Hi Dave,

This is a request of one our clients. They have been only allowed to install up to this version in the GAC. Now i want to make sure whether this version would unzip .tgz files without any problem.

Regarding CF 2.0 dlls are for mostly handheld devices. It wont work for SSIS apps.

One more question Dave. what is the actual file in the link that you send me for version 0.83?

Thanks

Lucki

• 02-13-2012 7:17 AM In reply to

• lucki
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-30-2012
    • Posts 7

Hi Dave,

In this folder http://sourceforge.net/projects/sharpdevelop/files/SharpZipLib/

the version 0.83 is not located.

Thanks

Lucki

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)