SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Missing something please help -(what file is it looking for?)

Last post 09-23-2011 4:53 PM by Fleanbilly. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-22-2011 9:22 AM

Missing something please help -(what file is it looking for?)

Can anyone help.  All my code was working. I think this error is a simple wrong path type error. but i didnt change anything.  I copied a backup over my the code (a backup  that I know was working) but I get this same error.  I am so frustrated!  what does this error mean?

Did I move a file by mistake?  

Now i get this error:

<<

'Set property 'System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.Source' threw an exception.' Line number '6' and line position '4'.

the inner message is:

Could not load file or assembly 'ICSharpCode.AvalonEdit, Culture=neutral' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

(what file is it looking for?)

My code looks like this

public partial class F_Ide : Form

{

CompletionWindow completionWindow;

IList<ICompletionData> data;

bool docIsdirty = false;

OmegaB thegame;

private ElementHost host;

ICSharpCode.AvalonEdit.TextEditor textedit;

public F_Ide(OmegaB game)

{

this.thegame = game;

InitializeComponent();

host = new ElementHost();

host.Dock = DockStyle.Fill;

idepanel.Controls.Add(host);

textedit = new ICSharpCode.AvalonEdit.TextEditor();

textedit.Height = idepanel.Height;

textedit.Width = idepanel.Width;

textedit.ShowLineNumbers = true;

host.Child = textedit;

I am at my wits end.  I restored what I though was working code, (the build's exe runs)   now I am stuck

thanks

Bill

• 09-22-2011 9:07 PM In reply to

Re: Missing something please help -(what file is it looking for?)

Does your project have a reference to the AvalonEdit assembly?

• 09-23-2011 12:04 AM In reply to

Yes, I added a project ref.  All the code complies.  Its a runtime error,  like it cant find texteditor.xaml, which resides in the projects main directory.  I see the file it wants, its there,  I am new to WPF..  where does the texteditor control think (or is controled by) where the xaml file is?

Thanks for taking the time to help , I am way into this project and this control  really fits well.  

Bill

• 09-23-2011 12:16 AM In reply to

The error message implies an assembly loading error - ICSharpCode.AvalonEdit.dll cannot be found.

You mention that texteditor.xaml is in your projects main directory - so you copied the AvalonEdit source code into your project? That's not possible, as the component resource references point to ICSharpCode.AvalonEdit.dll (e.g. those in generic.xaml). And it also comes with huge complications in the licensing (read the LGPL for details), so please keep AvalonEdit as a separate library.

• 09-23-2011 1:13 AM In reply to

No, I have it in a seperate project.  Class Lib.  and my main project has a ref to the project.  is it looking for it in my main project directory?

I had the project just refrencing the DLL. all worked.  but then I deleted the refrence to the dll and added the source as class lib project, then added a ref to  my main program.  when all the problems started, I removed all ref. to avalonedit and projects from my main project.  and copied the avalon source from the zip file again.  added the project to my solution and made the ref.  poof  the runtime errors. 

combing the web  (again I am new to WPF)  whats the URI stuff  pack vs paths?  I played with them in the generic.xaml and the error lines changed.   Is there a file that controls where Avalon looks ?  or is Visual studio  not updating something.   I really didnt change any code.  I basicly just swaped out the hard dll for the source....   

make any sense?

Bill

• 09-23-2011 2:05 AM In reply to

I just manually created a new solution and hand added all my source files.  and it runs.  Then I changed the ass. name and broke it with the same error.  Can I change that?  lic. wise and code wise?   

while I have you....

I am using the auto completion wiindow  It opens on "."  Would you know how not to get the "." inserted when the user selects a item ?

Thanks for putting up with me....

Bill

• 09-23-2011 10:54 AM In reply to

License wise: Whenever you modify AvalonEdit, you have to publish the source code for the modified library. There isn't anything against changing the name in the license.

I'm not sure what your problem is - the code completion window isn't inserting any ".", just the selected text. Do you want to prevent the insertion when the user has pressed the dot key?

• 09-23-2011 4:53 PM In reply to

the code completion window is inserting the "." plus the user selection.  I dont want the "."  I want just a space and  the user selection. The language(text) in my app is a custom script language. its not OOP its just function based so it has no classes.

Bill

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)