SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Intellisense (and reflection) bug with obfuscated .dll

Last post 05-24-2011 4:28 PM by washad. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-24-2011 4:28 PM

• washad
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-14-2011
    • Posts 9

Intellisense (and reflection) bug with obfuscated .dll

I am trying to use a 3rd party (paid) .dll with SD. While the .dll seems to compile and execute fine, SD will not reflect on the dll and I have no intellisense. When I attempt to expand upon the class in the object viewer, it doesn't load (ver 3.x) or even crashes (ver 4.x). The vendor was kind enough to look at the problem and responded with the following email. 

http://www.automatedsolutions.com/

I took a look at SharpDevelop and confirmed that Intellisense/code completion does not work in version 4.0.

I then verified proper intellisense operation is Visual Studio versions 2005, 2008, and 2010 on the same PC.

I took it one step further and used the non-obfuscated build and found that intellisense started working in SharpDevelop.

So, I think this should be reported as a SharpDevelop bug. 

If I have some spare time, I'm going to try to narrow down the specific obfuscation technique that causes the problem.

We use red-gate for obfuscation and it looks like the SharpDevelop folks are familiar with them since their IDE can be set to open .NET Reflector which is also a red-gate product.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)