SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

I would like to embed support to writing plug-ins in my program.

Last post 03-30-2011 2:36 PM by Eusebiu. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-30-2011 12:52 PM

• wd-40
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-30-2011
    • Posts 1

I would like to embed support to writing plug-ins in my program.

Hello.

I would like to embed support to writing plug-ins in my program. To do this, I would like to use AvalonEdit and other components of sharpdevelop. I would like to know how can I use the debugger from sharpdevelop in my program? Where can I see examples of using the debugger, or where I can read about its use. Sorry for my bad English.

• 03-30-2011 2:36 PM In reply to

• Eusebiu
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-17-2010
    • Bucharest, Romania
    • Posts 282

Re: I would like to embed support to writing plug-ins in my program.

The SD Debugger is bassically composed from 2 libraries: Debugger.Core (the code that communicates with ICorDebug* interfaces/data structures) and Debugger.AddIn that connects the IDE with the core engine. Also, the addin handles the UI - pads, tooltips, visualizers - and implements a WindowsDebugger service - which is the center piece in Debugger.Addin from the debug point of view.

The best example is the SD debugger. :)

Other example you can see in my ILSpy github, Debugger branch, where I integrate the SD Debugger in ILSpy. But be carefull that in ILSpy the debugger is not using any PDB files (SD debugger is using PDB files to retrieve information used by a debugger) - the code mappings (IL - C#) are created on demand. Also, the ILSPy debugger is using the latest version of NRefactory which is not over yet, while SD Debugger is using the current NRefactory + SD.Dom.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)