SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Python bindings?

Last post 09-03-2006 6:07 AM by AndyTao. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-05-2006 9:21 PM

Python bindings?

Anyone workong on Python backend bindings for SD2? I don't use Python myself, but a few developers I know are beginning to plan out a large open-source app, and haven't decided on a language yet - many know Python and were going to make it a Linux app, but most of the clients using the app run Windows. I'd mentioned Boo to them, since it is supposedly Python-like, and that it could possibly run on .NET or Mono, making it essentially multi-platform.

But now that MS is releasing Python for .NET, I thought this would be a great thing for SD to support. I know the SD core team has plenty of other tings to be working on, but is anyone else working on this?

Download for IronPython Beta 1 for .NET: Here
  • 06-12-2006 1:49 PM In reply to

Re: Python bindings?

I have implemented the IronPython binding addin for test automation,but I'm not upload it yet;

I'm planning to share it in CodePlex,But it doesn't let me create an new project

if you have intereting,please contact me.

Binary Package:http://www.zuhong.cn/Release/TrochiliV0.8D501_BIN.ZIP

Source Package:http://www.zuhong.cn/Release/TrochiliV0.8D501_SRC.ZIP

My email:mailto:taozuhong@hotmail.com

• 08-17-2006 8:03 PM In reply to

Anyone else try this? The documentation is Chinese but I followed it as well as I could. On implementation I get a runtime error

.NET Version        : 2.0.50727.42
    OS Version           : Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
    Current culture      : English (United States) (en-US)
    Working Set Memory   : 44736kb
    SharpDevelop Version : 2.0.0.1462

Exception thrown:
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at ICSharpCode.Core.LanguageBindingService.GetCodonPerLanguageName(String languagename)
       at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Internal.Templates.ProjectDescriptor.CreateProject(ProjectCreateInformation projectCreateInformation, String defaultLanguage)
       at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Internal.Templates.CombineDescriptor.SolutionFolderDescriptor.AddContents(Solution solution, ProjectCreateInformation projectCreateInformation, String defaultLanguage, ISolutionFolderContainer parentFolder)
       at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Internal.Templates.CombineDescriptor.CreateSolution(ProjectCreateInformation projectCreateInformation, String defaultLanguage)
       at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Internal.Templates.ProjectTemplate.CreateProject(ProjectCreateInformation projectCreateInformation)
       at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Project.Dialogs.NewProjectDialog.OpenEvent(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Suggestions?

• 08-27-2006 9:31 AM In reply to

Hi,I have provided a line to new version:TrochiliV1.0D101, please download and run it,it be automatic install every thing for you,then you can run it.

Now,I'm working for building a truth python language binding to generate standard application,but I meet a tiger,it is python parser like boo parser,could you help me resolve this problem,thanks in advance.

• 09-03-2006 6:07 AM In reply to

Hi,everyone,I have created a project: PythonBinding at CodePlex,welcome you join our team to promote the progress of project.
    Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)