If you want to use WiX 3.0 with SharpDevelop 2.2 now you can.
SharpDevelop 2.2 will still ship with WiX 2.0 support however the
WiX 3.0 addin has been backported. This WiX 3.0
addin for SharpDevelop 2.2 can be downloaded at the end of this
post. It was built and tested
3.0.4714 which is the most recent release at the current time.
The simplest way to use the addin is as follows.
- Download the wix3-binaries.zip file from
- In SharpDevelop's WiX addin folder
the original WixBinding.addin file to
- Copy the contents of the bin folder in the
Wix3Binding.zip file to
- Copy the contents of the doc folder in the
wix3-binaries.zip file to the SharpDevelop\2.2\data\schemas
folder. This updates the WiX schemas for use in the XML
- Rename the folder SharpDevelop\2.2\Tools\Wix to
- Copy the contents of the wix3-binaries.zip file to the
- Restart SharpDevelop.
Updating to Newer WiX Versions
- Download the wix3-binaries.zip file from wix.sf.net
- Copy the contents of the wix-binaries.zip file to the folder
- Copy the contents of the doc folder to the
- If there are any problems try re-compiling the source code
and check the unit tests still work.
Compiling the Source Code
- Copy the contents of the Wix3Binding zip file into the folder
- Run msbuild WixBinding.sln.