The code for UDC (collector & analysis) is located at the following Subversion repository URL:
The solution for the collector can be found in the /Project folder, appropriately named UsageDataCollector.sln. The structure of this solution looks like this:
Please note that under Reference Projects, there is a project reference to UsageDataCollector which actually lives inside the SharpDevelop client project structure. Therefore we recommend you check out the entire trunk when working with UDC.
- CollectorServiceHost: a Web application that hosts service implementations from CollectorServiceLibrary. Really a thin wrapper only.
- CollectorServiceLibrary: the "meat of UDC" so to speak. It contains service implementations (message upload), import functions, msbuild tasks (wrapping the import functions) as well as some utility classes.
- CollectoryLibrary.Tests: way too few tests.
- CollectorServiceTestClient: a sample client that shows how client & server talk with each other.
- BulkImport: a command line client to import UDC messages. It is already superseded by the msbuild tasks because those are easier to extend.
- ImportWindowsService: a placeholder for a Windows service that automatically loads messages on arrival.
- DataAccess: all EF magic ist placed here.
- QuickViewer: a simple drag & drop viewer for UDC messages. A helper utility for various stages of development.
I skipped over the ExcelReport project for one reason: it was the initial PoC for data analysis (exceptions). The code is now part of the Web frontend we are building - but more on the analysis Web application in a later blog post.